Archive for the ‘nikon’ Category
Finally after all the rumours, ranting, panting and news leak the top notch dslr , D4 has been officially announced. Nikon has been quite silent on 2011 except for some smaller format camera. This is possibly the biggest announcement from Nikon since the D7000 and the floods in Bangkok that has wrecked production line in Thailand.
In: camera, nikon · Tagged with: nikon d4 malaysia
I sold my Sigma 150mm and got a 60mm instead. This lens works pretty good as a macro lens. Fits well on FX and DX camera. This lens received AF-S and Nano coating upgrade from it’s previous af-d predecessor. This lens focus internally so there are no moving barrel.
The af-s focusing is fast ! This lens can go 1:1 macro however you need to be really close to the subject, so it may not be advisable to get this lens if you are interested in shooting insects wildlife there are sensitive to movement. This lens is suitable for product shooting which is the real purpose I bought this lens for. This lens is really sharp
Retal Price : RM 2,288.00
- Af-S upgrade is Fast
- This lens is sharp at f2.8
- Not suitable for wildlife shooting
In: nikon · Tagged with: Nikon 60 mm price list malaysia, nikon price list for malaysia
The new Nikon 50 mm f1.8G is out in Malaysia.This is an upgrade of the older very popular affortable Nikon 50mm f1.8D. At RM 798 , this seems like a whopping price increase compared to previous Af-D version. This lens is compatible on DX and FX body.
Retail Price : RM798
In: nikon · Tagged with: Nikon AFS 50mm f1.8G, Nikon AFS 50mm f1.8G price in malaysia, nikon price list for malaysia
- AF-S 50mm lens — a fast, single-focal-length lens with normal picture angle (when attached to a DX-format SLR, the picture angle is equivalent to a focal length of 75mm in FX/35mm format)
- Large maximum aperture of f/1.4
- Well-balanced design realizes both high MTF performance and natural-looking picture blur
- Newly developed optical system effectively corrects sagittal coma flare and coma aberration
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM) ensures smooth, quiet AF operation
- Two focus modes are available — M/A (manual-priority autofocus) and M (manual focus)
- Focus ring does not rotate in AF operation
- Natural blur effects thanks to nine-blade rounded diaphragm
- Although all lens groups shift during focusing, the lens barrel length does not change
Evolution Of The Classic: The New AF-S NIKKOR 50mm F/1.8G Lens
In: nikon · Tagged with: nikon 50mm f 1.8
50mm is one hell of a prime lens. This is one of my favorite all time lens. Affordable, sharp, light. Perfect lens to bring around to shoot for fun. If I’m stranded on an island with a body and just a choice of a lens for potrait , I will definitely go for 50mm range lens. The newly 50mm 1.4 just had an upgrade on the old Nikon 50mm f/1.4 AF-D to the updated af-s version. I don’t have much time to play with it yet, so it has been laying there for months in the drybox. But here are some things that I found about this lens
At a first glance, the outlook of this lens would be like those newly built nikon lenses. Received so call upgraded Nano-coating and AF-s.
Focusing definitely has improved. Af-s is must quieter and focusing is much easier with less hunting.
There has been feedbacks that this lens focus slower than the older 50mm af-d. I have tried 2 different 50mm f1.4 af-s and found one autofocus faster than the other.Yes, I’ve had this experience before even with a few new nikon lenses.
I won’t want to shoot at 1.4 with this lens. Sharpness increase considerably at 1.8 or more. Bokeh is always sweet at f1.4
Retail Price In Malaysia